The PTG is comprised of all parents and teachers of St. Michael Academy and St. Michael’s Preschool. An Executive Board of officers is elected every year. The Executive Board acts in an advisory capacity to the Pastor and the Principal for the operation, growth and development of the school.
Parent Involvement Program
Every parent/guardian is expected to be an involved partner in their child’s schooling. To cover the difference between the actual cost to educate one child and the amount of tuition that is assessed for that child, every family is responsible to support the Academy’s fundraising efforts. ALL SMA families are expected to give 25 hours of service (per academic year) to the Academy.
Purposes of the PTG
The purpose of the PTG is to:
- Promote broader appreciation of the ideals of Catholic Education
- Enlist spiritual, educational, and social resources at home and school that help to provide the best Catholic education possible
- Provide a forum of exchange for parents and teachers and an informal advisory capacity to the school administration
- Provide a solid organization to improve the schools fundraising efforts
- Foster the integration of families into the life of the parish community
- Quarterly meetings
- Planning and implementing special events and fundraisers
- Providing treats and service for students on days of celebration
- Sponsoring special assemblies for students
- Purchasing needed equipment and materials for enhancing the learning experience.